Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday Tip for Feb. 2

Commas, commas, commas!

Rule #1: Use commas to separate items in a series (three or more things), including the last two items.

Example: He hit the ball, dropped the bat, and ran to first base.

Rule #2: Use a comma + a conjunction (and, but, or, for, nor, yet, so) to connect two independent clauses.

Example: I need to earn some money, so I would like to mow your grass.

Your mission: Add commas where they belong in the sentence below.

I used tape glue string and gum but the stamp still fell off the envelope.

10 comments:

  1. I used tape, glue, string, and gum but the stamp still fel ff the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used tape, glue, string, and gum, but the stamp still fell off the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work so far with using commas! Here is a little sentence from me:

    Mrs. Fortney loves icecream, chocolate and candy, but most of all she likes icecream! :)

    I LOVE commas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used tape, glue, string, and gum, but the stamp still fell off the envelope.
    Miriam Sommers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used tape, glue, string, and gum, but the stamp still fell off the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used type, glue, string, and gum, but the stamp still fell off the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used tape, glue, string, and gum, but the stamp still fell off the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used tape, glue, string and gum, but the stamp still fell off the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used tape,glue,string and gum,but the stamp still fell off the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to take a shower and by the time i came back all the icecream was melted

    ReplyDelete